Student Visa

  Academic Studies

Hundreds of thousands of people come to the United States from around the world for higher education to improve their skills and broaden their minds. Numerous programs provide a wide variety of opportunities. There are three types of student visas that an international student can obtain to come study in the U.S.

Student visas are issued for the period it takes the visitor to complete his/her course of study, program or work assignment.

F-1 Visa: Academic Studies The F-1 visa is for students who want to study or conduct research at an accredited U.S. College or University. In order to qualify for an F-1 visa, the student must be accepted by an recognized university as a full time student. The student must also prove sufficient proof of financial support during his or her stay in United States. Except for the training required by the course a F-1 holder cannot work in the United States.

J Visa: Academic Studies as an Exchange Visitor The “J “visa is for people who will be participating in an exchange visitor program in the U.S. The “J” Visa is the primary visa for educational and cultural exchange programs.

M Visa: Non-Academic or Vocational Studies The “M” visa is primarily for people who want to study or train at a non-academic institution in the U.S. such as vocational schools.


  1. Take required tests for admission into an USCIS approved academic institution.
  2. Apply and get accepted to an USCIS approved academic institution.
  3. Apply to the USCIS for the appropriate student visa.
  4. Obtain visa for entry into the U.S.